A 2 hours walking tour at Ostia, the neighbourhood of Rome overlooking the Tyrrhenian sea, that shows you the liberty and art decò villas dating back to the years 20s and 30s of the 20th century: an authentic experience with locals.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes/Excludes
Ostia modern architecture experience.
The walking tour Ostia Modern Architecture experience rolls through the streets of the historic centre of a neighbourhood of Rome relatively young that was founded in the early years of the 20th century: the greatest architects of those days were involved in the project and in the building of the “Garden City”, as it was called then.
The walking tour shows the best examples of what was then the idea of “luxurious villas” and “classy resorts” by the beach.
An activity with locals from meeting to farewell.
Are you travelling alone, on a business trip, or on family trip?
Here’s a perfect choice:
- A walking tour easy to join by public transport or a private transfer (ask us if you need it).
- A small group, up to 6 people, so that conversation will flow nice and smooth.
- The company of locals from the meeting point to the final “Ciao, till next time!”.
The 3 steps of an Ideas 4 Travellers experience:
- *Meet & greet*: “Ciao! It’s a perfect day to walk in Rome!”, let’s be friend.
- *Walk and discover*: let’s take a look at the eternal city through our eyes, get a real roman insight.
- *Talk and share*: let the chit chat flows and find out how many degrees of separation we have…
Meet & Greet
We meet at the famous "Pontile", the pier, at Ostia.
The "Old Post office" building
A nice and slow stroll along the main street to and from the pier, takes us to the old Post office building.
We reach the "Governatorato" building, where the local council meet and rule the neighbourhood.
R. Pacis church
Built on the highest dune of the area the "Basilica del Mare" dates back to the 20's of the 20th century.
Piazza Anco Marzio
Meet & Greet at destination. Walking tour as described under the “Trip Outline” tab.
Transports. Everything not specified at “Trip includes”.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
Walking shoes, from April to October sun lotion, sunglasses and a hat.
All the itineraries can be slightly modified due to: road work, monuments improvements, very bad weather conditions, or any external condition that could affect the experience full enjoyment.
If your party is 4 or less: you can decide to make your Experience exclusive.
Add 25€/pax only to make it yours.
Mail Us to book.
As per Regional Law you MUST wear a "face mask" when interacting with people "that are not living with you (husband, wife, daughters and sons)".
Need a private transfer?